"Get excited about the little things. About wearing a new outfit for the first time. About Sunday brunches with your best friends. About the new cute guy in your class. About finding an extra dollar in your pocket. About anything that even remotely makes you happy because as you grow up, passions fade and enthusiasm gets mistaken for foolishness. So don’t let the grey world stop you from shining."
re-use of salad/lettuce hearts :)
- first cut it out from the leaves
- then cut a little from the edge but not too much
- then cut it into a cube-similar - cut as less leaves and material away as possible but leaves do get moldy and then the whole heart will get moldy too and die
- put it in wet soil so that just the tip looks out
- put on a plastic cup or something similar to get a high humidity around the sprouting meristem - don’t forget to give it fresh air here and there like every 2-3 days
- put the pot to a warm location and wait
- after a few days - 2 weeks the new plant will sprout
enjoy your new growing salad plants :)
I’ve tried it and it works with iceberg salad, romaine lettuce, butterhead, lollo rosso salad actually with every lettuce/salad with a heart
Honestly did not know you could do this! So cool!
Recipes for smoothies that actually aid in weight loss
There are 23 total in the link below, so if the ones I’ve posted here don’t interest you, check out the others to find something you might like~
PEANUT BUTTER AND BANANA
- Half of one banana
- 1/2 cup smooth or crunchy low-fat peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of non-fat milk
- 6 ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon of chocolate whey protein powder
- Place all of the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 6 cups of seedless watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup of lemon sherbet, non-fat milk, or low-fat vanilla yogurt
- 12 ice cubes
- Put half the watermelon in the blender and blend until smooth, then add half of the ice and sherbet; blend until smooth. Repeat the process with the rest of the ingredients.
KIWI AND HONEYDEW
- 2 cups of honeydew, cubed
- 1 Granny Smith apple, chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1 cup of ice cubes
- Place the honeydew, kiwi, apple, sugar, and lemon juice into the blender and blend until it’s smooth, then add the ice cubes and blend until the mixture is slushy.
- 1/4 cup of cubed mangoes
- 1/4 cup of ripe avocado, mashed
- 1/2 cup of mango juice
- 1/4 cup of fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon of juice
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 6 ice cubes
- Add all the ingredients into the blender and blend until smooth.
- 1/2 cup of skim milk or soy milk
- 6 ounces of vanilla yogurt
- 1 teaspoon of apple pie spice
- 1 medium-sized, chopped apple
- 2 tablespoons of cashew butter
- 6 ice cubes
- Place all the ingredients in the blender and then blend until smooth; best eaten with a spoon!
These all look so yummy! I think I’ll try the apple one first… or maybe the kiwi? but the mango peach looks so delicious!! oh no, can’t decide!
FULL SOURCE AND RECIPES HERE